Freedom, system thinking, politics, science, education, economics, pirates

Thursday, 5 March 2009

set our policemen free

PC Copperfield has moved to Canada and he is now blogging about policing in Canada, compared to the UK. Seems the Canadians still trust their coppers and don't make them spend hours on paperwork. I like Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I like Canada too and have been there a number of times visiting family. However, I don't trust coppers anywhere. If they weren't such a bunch of lazy, lying, corrupt operators, they could be trusted without providing copious amounts of documentary evidence, but as it is, that is not possible.

    The average police officer spends around 14% of their time on patrol, and around 20–30% of their time completing paperwork. That only adds up to a maximum of 44% of a cops time being accounted for. So what the hell do they do for the other 56% of the time?

    Additionally the Home Affairs Select Committee's 'Policing in the 21st century' report states that, "Only 43% of people thought the police could be relied on to deal with minor crimes, 48% believed they would be there when needed and 51% thought the police were dealing with issues that matter to the local community.

    Only 41% of those who had been both a victim and a witness rated the local police as doing a good or excellent job.

    The number of complaints against the police is rising...28,998 complaint cases were recorded during the year 2006/07, an increase of 10% on the previous year. 45% of complaints were allegations of neglect/failure of duty and incivility..."

    Not exactly a vote of confidence in the whingeing bastards who marched so arrogantly in London at the start of last year to demand more pay.

    ReplyDelete